6 hours ago
it’s all fun and games until your dog accidentally gets high... -
we were camping near la pine and made friends with our campsite neighbors and they loved having rosie run back and forth between our campsites. saturday was GREAT! i cannot stress that enough! we floated, made amazing food, had great conversation, we made a campfire and fell asleep, happy and full of s’mores.
the next morning rosie and i woke up early to go for a walk and read in the hammock. everyone else slowly woke up and rosie continued to wander between the campsites, as she had done the night before. around 10 am, i called rosie so i could get a picture with her ( #dogmom ) and she came back from our neighbors’ and stumbled a bit. i kind of laughed it off, just thinking it was weird. but then she couldn’t keep her eyes open and she couldn’t walk. after googling, she had either had a stroke or had ingested some kind of marijuana. our neighbors had offered us some pot, in exchange for helping them with their campfire the night before so we deducted she was probably feeling the drugs. in my least accusing way, i asked our neighbors if they noticed her get into anything and one of the girls shot back defensively “WE DIDN’T GIVE HER ANYTHING!” that escalated quickly.
at this point, i decided that i should head back to town since i was literally just making sure my dog was breathing and no more fun could be had. we got home, did some more googling and fortunately, weed is very rarely lethal, but she had all the signs (incontinence, vomiting) and just spent the whole day, almost lifeless. so scary. but i’m so glad she is okay and back to normal today 😭